• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELM 3 to Plesk 11

Gremlin@

New Pleskian
Does anyone know if the following configuration is capable of being migrated to Plesk 11 ? if not, does anyone have any ideas on how it could be achieved ?

4 x Web Servers
2 x MSSQL Servers
1 x MySQL Server
1 x Mail Server (Mailenable) also running as the HELM3 Control Server + DNS

TIA.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for these posts. I found them really helpful. I was supposed to ask a few questions but after reading this thread, I got most of it answered.

Sorry, but currently only single server migration from Helm 3 to Plesk is supported.
We have plans for implementing migration from multiserver Helm 4 to Parallels Plesk Automation, but I haven't any ETA.

The migration notes seem to imply that multi server is possible, I also seem to recall Blake saying that a migration path from HELM 3 to Plesk Automation would come before a HELM 4 path, I can't seem to find any posts though now from the old HELM forums, have they been removed ?

http://forums.webhostautomation.com/forum.php - I'm sure there used to be an announcements forum and there were some useful posts there, but it seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:
According to the following KB Article http://kb.parallels.com/en/112608 It is possible to migrate from a multi-server HELM3 to a single Plesk server (which we can live with), could someone from Parallels please confirm this does work.

Release notes
Changes from Helm 3 to Plesk 10.3 migration agent :
1. Supported multi-server Helm 3 configurations
Multi-server configurations are migrated into a single server Plesk installation.

I'm just looking for someone to confirm it will work, the question is

Can I take a multi server HELM3 installation (configuration as detailed in my first post), and migrate this to multiple single server plesk 11 installations.

I'm just looking for someone to confirm it will work, the question is

Can I take a multi server HELM3 installation (configuration as detailed in my first post), and migrate this to multiple single server plesk 11 installations.

I know this thread is old. but i've done this a good few times for different hosts and it works.

You'll need to change everyone to ASP.net 2 in HELMDB before moving to an OS that does not support .net 1 otherwise those accounts get skipped.

Back