• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help, ERROR in file manager

T

tango22

Any help would be great....

I am getting the following error when I try to access the file manager in the specific domain inside of the Plesk system.

FileList::init() failed: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: filemng: Cannot run as forbidden uid: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/filemanager/filemanager.php:2 psaerror(string "FileList::init() failed: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: filemng: Cannot run as forbidden uid: 0")

I tried to ftp to the .com and it isn't allowing me to log in and I am sure the password is correct, almost like something is locking me out.

Please help

[email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Find your FTP user name, then define it uid. If uid is 0, then this is a problem. You need very carefully change userid to non-zero value.

define uid

Just wanted to be sure I do the right thing here. Are you just saying to change my user id to uid (or this could be a term I'm not familiar with)? Otherwise please elaborate on this for me. I really appreciate you help.

I am currently use a Plesk system to set up ftp users, user ids and passwords.

Thanks
John

Hmm ...

I just supposed that your FTP user has user id == 0. If this is so then File manager will not work with such user.

Just check if user id of your FTP user is 0.

I double checked and my user id for ftp is the word agilex with no numbers. Any other ideas?

I appreciate the help.

Each user in unix has user id. User Id is ALWAYS number. See file /etc/passwd to define user id. For example I have the following string in /etc/passwd for me:

defencer:x:500:600::/home/defencer:/bin/bash

Here "defencer" is login name, 500 - user id.

Aslo you can use "id" utility to define user id:

# id defencer
uid=500(defencer) gid=600(mygroup) groups=600(mygroup),601(usb)

Ok here is what I have

root:*:0:0:Root:/:/bin/false
mike:x:10001:10001::/:/bin/bash

apparently not only is it a 0 value but the user name isn't being changed when I change it in Plesk (unless this is always changed manually)

before I make any changes I figured I better seek expert advice once again

the username needs to be agilex so I am thinking this might be correct?

root:*:500:600:Root:/:/bin/false
agilex:x:10001:10001::/:/bin/bash

Clarification ownership/permissions

Hey Tango22,

First - are you accessing your system via anything other than Plesk and FileManager? In other words do you login via ssh and use the unix command line interface? Or do you use FTP but connect as root? If so you need to always change the owner of new files or directories to the owner of the domain. Read ls -l, chown [user]:[group] [file/dir] .

Second - I am not certain about your original question. You may be trying to do something that is not allowed. FileManager is designed and maintained within the Plesk environment for access via Plesk. As such they protect it to make certain it will always run. If you want to run filemanager via one of your clients domains then you have to install the application for that domain.

If someone has found a way to make filemanager accessible for all domains outside of the Plesk interface I would like to hear about it.

Cheers

Back