• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Help -- How to connect my web databases using Admin Account

sheriwolf

New Pleskian
Dears,

how can I connect and Manage my databases using admin account? when I try to use the console on the webadmin interface I find myself logged on the database using the associated account not the admin one.

thanks,
Sherif

Hello,

Please try this steps,
====
To access the admin account of phpMyAdmin, first log in to Plesk.

• Click the "Tools & Settings" link
  • Click the "Database Servers" link.
  • Click "Local MySQL server (default for MySQL)" in the servers list.
  • Click the "Databases" tab at the top of the page
  • Finally click the "Webadmin" button.
====

If you don't see the phpMyAdmin window pop up then ensure your browser isn't blocking pop-ups on this page.

Logging into the admin account allows you greater control than you would normally have when using phpMyAdmin. Through here you can create databases, delete databases, clone them, restore them, back them up, add users and change permissions.

Be careful though as Plesk will not be aware of any changes you make through this interface. For example, if you delete a database that you created inside Plesk, the database will still be listed inside the Plesk panel, despite the fact you have deleted it, because Plesk will not know that it has been deleted. Therefore we would not recommend using the admin phpMyAdmin interface to create or delete databases that exist inside Plesk unless absolutely necessary.

Additionally, do not make any changes to the 'psa', 'phpmyadmin', 'horde' or 'mysql' databases as these are part of the system.

Thank you,

Hi,
@serverpoint_tom, @sheriwolf Also you can access phpMyAdmin for database server just from Plesk > Tools & Settings > Database Servers
Button will be to the right of database count.
To access database server from console you can use the following article https://kb.odin.com/en/3472
Before making any changes in database it is good to have backup of this database.
In phpMyAdmin you can use Export and Import, to make backup from console use instructions from article https://kb.odin.com/en/881
Additionally, do not make any changes to the 'psa', 'phpmyadmin', 'horde' or 'mysql' databases as these are part of the system.
As well as 'apsc', 'billing' and 'sitebuilder5'

Back