• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help! Plesk Backup Problem

O

oatcpe

My PLESK 7.5.1 (last release) can't Finnish any backup via PLESK backup program.
Every time when i try backup, it's got a "Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown."

Anyone have solution.
PS. I upgrade PLESK from 7.0.1 via PLESK 7.5.1 setup file.

PLESK Developer should read!!!!!

IN Windows 2003 All of memory that can used is 4GB
but in fact normal environment of windows 2003 system take 2GB of 4GB and left only 2GB for user application.

Then when used PLESK Backup utility, process of backup utility will limit memory accress by 2GB.
That reson why got error message "Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown" when backup size reach 2GB.

For more information read at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171793/EN-US/

P.S, Thank you for best support. I wait someone help me in this problem for more 48 hr. , finally no any respond.
Then i try to help by myself that make me know the origin of problem to tell you all.

This problem is fixed in 7.5.2 (though it is not as simple as fitting 2GB file into memory).

I guess this problem in a bug in XML file that backup utility generated.

SW-Soft have replaced a dll file to do with the backup prog, and they inform us this should fix the problem.

We are running a backup now, so will advise if this seems to fix it.

SW-Soft fixed the issue with this particular server, and you may need to contact them for the updated files needed.

Restore Problem

Hi,

i have a problem with Plesk backup utility,

i can't restore my backup files,
i get this error: "Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown"

can you help me?
how i can fix this bug?

Best Regards,

You will need to contact SW-Soft support for the fix for this, as they installed new files to get around the problem.

You will need to contact sw-soft, as they replaced many files in the end.

You may try use Ms 3GB mode:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt17.asp

/3GB Switch

.NET Framework 1.1 supports a virtual space of 3 GB. If you put a /3GB switch in boot.ini, you can safely use 1,800 MB as an upper bound for the memory limit.

You should use the /3GB switch with only the following operating systems:

* Microsoft Windows Serverâ„¢ 2003
* Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
* Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
* Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Server

You should not use the /3GB switch with the following operating systems:

* Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
* Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server

Windows 2000 Server and Windows NT 4.0 Server can only allocate 2 GB to user mode programs. If you use the /3GB switch with Windows 2000 Server or Windows NT 4.0 Server, you have 1 GB for kernel and 2 GB for user mode programs, so you lose 1 GB of address space.

Another solutions:

I got this issue on pleskrestore.

After I updated all windows critical updaes, it's gone.

Back