1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Plesk Stopped working

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by johnkendall1, Mar 6, 2008.

1. johnkendall1

johnkendall1 New Pleskian

Hi

i am using Plesk 8.2.1 on Virtuozzo. A few weeks ago Plesk stopped working in that the pages are disabled and I get the "Please wait loading" banner. The browser also reports an error 'invalid character' char 1 on the body tag line. I have tried Firefox and IE, on Vista and XP.

My hosting provider says "Plesk might have been
    corrupted some how as it looks like it is not able to load the
    information. I would recommend restoring the VPS to a date before this
    issue occurred."

Which is not much help, and I don't want to do this as the work on the sites I have done since will be lost.

Any clues anyone?

Best regards

John

2. unika

unika Guest

John,
    a lot of reasons could be the cause of the issue. probably, the advises below will be helpful for you:
    - check that resources are not exeeded on the VPS (cat /proc/user_beancounters)
    http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1354
    - try to restart Plesk via command line (/etc/init.d/psa restart) Did you receive any error messages?
    - look through log files (/var/log/messages and /usr/local/psa/var/log) in order to localize the cause of the issue.

Now it is too less information to help you. A good way is also contacting tech support.