1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

help to install postfix greylisting update

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by bugmenot2, Sep 17, 2010.

1. bugmenot2

bugmenot2 Guest

Hello there.

i am trying to fix my customers sending problems with postfix + greylisting enabled.
    i followed a few threads and ended up here:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=413387&postcount=62

the thing is... i am very new at plesk and linux.
    my plesk is 9.5.2 ubuntu 8.04 and my guess is i should use the file in the folder "dist-deb-Ubuntu-8.04-x86_64"

however that's about it...

could someone give step by step instructions on what i need to do? as in:
    - what service do i need to stop before changing the file, could you provide the command to stop and start it?
    - in what folder is the file i need to change
    - do i need to change permissions of something?

any help is appretiated.

thanks in advance.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    If you have 64bit Ubuntu version you should take file from "dist-deb-Ubuntu-8.04-x86_64" directory and put in instead /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue file. Permissions should be the same as for original file. You can check it before replacing with stat command. For example: