• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Help understanding multi server environment

jecalderon

New Pleskian
This is a simple question and needs help . Been using Plesk for some time but only to host our webistes and a few clients.

I tried to migrate to a second server and migrate. The original was Ubuntu. The new on Debian. After migrating, found that the most important webites did not migrated . The IT blamed the problem that the database from my original server was a Ubuntu using MySQL. But the new server run s on Debian using Marian DB. This did not migrated well. Can yo give me a hint on how to proceed with the migration?

I really was resting that migration was easy in Plesk. But experience dictating different.

Migrating from a server with MySQL to a server with MariaDB should not be an issue in most cases. In fact, issues should be rare. But it all depends on the specifics. Like the requirements of the apps/website your hosting. If they require functionally that only MySQL offers than yeah, migrating to server with MariaDB might not be as strait forward.

Can yo give me a hint on how to proceed with the migration?
Without knowing what exact issue your having is hard to give any advice on how to proceed. The general documentation for migration can be found here, which might be useful to you in cases you haven't read it yet.

I am now in the middle of a medium sized migration and changing and old Centos 7 server to a more powerful Almalinux server (Something like your Ubuntu/Debian ) and I found that some migrations trashed up the new server... after poking around a bit I ended up formatting the new one and starting over...
But I found that it was the service plans ( really old ones, migrated over and over maybe before Plesk 7 ) were the ones that messed up things...
Created new Service plans on the old server... and syncronized suscriptions to the new ones
Everything is migrating correctly now.
Hope this might help you.
Saludos!

Back