• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help With SiteBuilder Offered by My Web Hosting Provider (re: eShop Module)

D

ddcnga

My webhosting company offers SiteBuilder (Premium) for their business customers. Do you offer support or answer questions for those of us in this situation? My webhost's techinical people are trying to help but I don't think they totally understand my problem nor how to answer questions regarding SiteBuilder in this instance. I've read your documentation on SiteBuilder but it does answer these types of qestions either. Hope I am posting in the correct area--also, I am not a programmer so keep that in mind with regard to my question (don't laugh too hard at me) and your answers.

I have 2 issues/questions, following:

Question 1:

My first question is in relationship to the eShop module. I will be selling one of a kind items, using PayPal as a payment method.

In order to avoid "duplicate sales of the same item" I have to implement some items within my PayPal account which I will do, but I also must add code to the "Buy it Now" or "Pay with PayPal" buttons to eliminate the possibility of two different buyers paying for the same item (as your eShop inventory control does not prevent this either). I am assuming these buttons are built into the functionality of SiteBuilder. Since I am not ready to publish my site and before I do, I don't really know how SiteBuilder works with regard to PayPal buttons.

PayPal supplied the code I must implement within those buttons. I will paste it in as follows:

To only offer one of an item, you will need to add the 'invoice' variable to your button code. You will also need to block duplicate invoice numbers in the profile of your PayPal account. Steps for blocking are below:
Block accidental payments: You may prevent accidental payments by blocking duplicate invoice IDs

1. Login at https://www.paypal.com

2. Click the 'Profile' subtab

3. Under 'Selling Preferences' click 'Payment Receiving Preferences'

4. Choose 'Yes, block multiple payments per invoice ID' if you wish to utilize this feature while passing the "invoice" variable

5. Scroll to the bottom and click the 'Save' button
In the PayPal button HTML code for that item, you will need to insert the following line of code:
<input type="hidden" value="123abc" name="invoice">

The value should be a unique number. Basically, when the specific number that you input in the value has gone through the system, it prevents anyone else from purchasing the same item. The system will give them an error message that they need to contact the seller.

Example:
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="paypal">
<input type="hidden" value="_cart" name="cmd">
<input type="hidden" value="[email protected]" name="business">
<input type="hidden" value="Your Item" name="item_name">
<input type="hidden" value="001" name="item_number">
<input type="hidden" value="$" name="amount">
<input type="hidden" value="123abc" name="invoice">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/sc-but-03.gif" border="0" name="submit">
<input type="hidden" value="1" name="add">
</form>

Question #2

Will you be integrating Google Check Out with your shopping cart within Sitebuilder's eShop as you have several others?

And since I'm answering myself, PayPal's code won't work for OOAK purchases, but only if the "Buy Now" button is being used.

Me: Thank you for that much of an answer, anyway.

Me: Oh, you are very welcome.

Me: Would you ever use another Webhosting service that provides Sitebuilder as a template solution for buidling a website, since they don't offer support (apparently) through the webhost or Plesk to those who do not purchase directly from Plesk?

Me: Nope, nor would I ever purchase or buy the product period after my experience or lack of even a "You're in the wrong place" or "Ask your webhosting service" or, "Kiss our a&^%".

Me: Can't say I blame you.

Me: Thanks, for the shoulder and listening.

Me: Not a problem. Good luck.

Me: I think I will need the luck, because I won't be getting much other assistance unless I hire a web designer/programmer.

Answering to your second question, as I know Google Checkout support in E-shop module is planned to be released in future Sitebuilder versions, but can not say for sure when exactly.

I've moved onto another product and will abandon the use of SiteBuilder. I cannot get the support I need to use it.

Back