• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved High apache usage

5 GB for Apache does not sound very much to me. The RAM that the process uses depends on the RAM that scripts that are run by that process occupy. It depends, too, on the number of Apache modules that are activated and the number of Apache instances. However, there is not much CPU load, so maybe there really is no problem, just ordinary usage by scripts?

Questions:
  • You have mod_pagespeed turned on and maybe by mistake added a huge Cache?
  • php with too large memory opcache?
Apart from that there is still a possiblity of a lot of open connections or plain an attack. Somethign like a SYN-flood variant etc. So: check process listo on how many Apache processes are running and how much open connections you have.

+1... same problem.
From December I've Apache memory high usage, despite low server workload.
To reset I need every time to create a hosting/subdomain and delete it (and the apache memory restart from 10%... but after 2/3 days it returns to 50/60%).
I think the problem is with PHP but I don't know how to fix it.

60% memory usage means that you have 40% left. What exactly makes you worry? Did you experience outages due to exhausted RAM on the affected system?

After 5/7 days is 100% (every 3/4 days I reset the apache memory activating/deleting a subdomain).
The problem appeared only from December, without any significant change in the server configuration.
Before of December the Apache memory was always 20/30% maximum.

Yes, you're right!
I've changed from "static" (I don't know because a lot of hosting had this value set) to "on demand" and now the apache memory behaviour is returned normal.
Thanks!

Back