• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[HORDE] I can´t login

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have a Plesk 9.3.2 on debian. For the past 2 days my clients can´t login into their webmail (horde) We don´t have any error message but after waiting for some time on webmail.whatever.com/imp/redirect.php. After a couple of minutes we receive this error: Login failed. But the login and the password is correct.

We tried to restart postfix or apache but the same problem (we don´t know how to restart horde service)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you tried to find a reason in horde log file /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log ?

Yes, the log is empty. I restarted imap/pop3 server and works again. The problem is that in hours will have the same problem.

Any ideas?

So, is this problem in imap/pop3 service that it has been stopped in hours again or what?

Is like imap/pop3 service was nearly hung (i think)... Mail worked well but webmail not. We restarted imap/pop3 service but in hours we had the same problem again...

Load of the server is fine and all the services run fine...

Hello,

I have to restart from the control panel (psa services) IMAP / POP3 (Courier-IMAP) server everytime the webmail doesn´t works.

Any ideas?

Can you login to IMAP/POP3 server via telnet, for example, when you can't login to Horde?

Same problem again. Tried to login via telnet as IgorG told me:

server:~# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Hello there. <[email protected]>
quit
+OK Better luck next time.
Connection closed by foreign host.

server:~# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.

But webmail doesn´t works (we can´t enter to the mailbox). I restarted IMAP / POP3 (Courier-IMAP) server and works again.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, horde says "Login incorrect" while telnet was working and after restart courier-imap daemon it work well for a while.

Same problem here!

please, IgorG, could you tell us something?

Thank you.

Did you tried to reinstall horde as it was described many times on this forum?
If it not help - contact support team for detailed investigation directly on your server.

Hello,

From what I see the imap daemon hangs, when doing telnet is should show :

# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.

If you have a lot of mail users try increasing the following value in /etc/courier-imap/imapd.dist and restart courier-imap

MAXDAEMONS=

If the problem still occurs upgrade to Plesk 9.5.2.

Cheers.

Back