• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde/IMP breakage after installing Zend Optimizer

J

jbrouhard

Okay, i have a problem.

I've been working to get Zend Optimizer installed on my Plesk 8.1.0 server cause the billing software I use requires it.

However in the process of the install, ZO installer deleted and made a symbolic link to php.ini in /etc/php4/apache2/php.ini and pointed that to some other file in /usr/local/lib/Zend/

When I un-did the screwed up install, it deleted php.ini with it. I've managed to recover from that by taking a fresh php.ini from a bare install of Debian and Plesk, which works, but now Horde is horribly broken.

I can't login to the webmail client at all from any account in any domain. I can still access email using Thunderbird or Outlook (which is external).

Please help.

I just installed yesterday Zend Optimizer. I am using Plesk 7.6.1 and Horde doesn't work! Thunderbird, Outlook etc. (external programs) does work correctly. But I can't even see login page of horde... I had to install it cos of AWBS requires it to run & install, I am still waiting for an answer to make it run! If you will find a way, please let me know!

My problem was related to the /etc/hosts file missing the localhost alias.

Dunno what to say.

HEllo,

You should put back the symbolic link as it was.
There should be some backup php.ini at the old location as zend makes a backup of that file.

What was the problem that you wanted the symbolic link gone in the first place?

PLesk Plesk 7.6.1 isn't that a windows server?

Back