• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Login failed

GjemajlK

New Pleskian
since the update from 11.5 to 12 working Horde login no longer, IMAP works otherwise perfect.

psa-horde.log:
ERR: HORDE [horde] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] ([email protected]) [xx.xx.xx.xx] to horde [pid 20347 on line 216 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/login.php"]
xx.xx.xx.xx = Server-IP

Message from the Horde:
Login failed.

(Email / password are of course correct)

Many thanks in advance, Sorry my bad English.

Maybe the certificates could be misconfigured. Please have a look at this KB - article:
http://kb.odin.com/en/118922
( Horde webmail does not accept valid login credentials: "Error: Login failed" - KB - article: 118922 )

If the suggestion don't work for you, it is sometimes a good idea to use the bootstrapper, which reconfigures quite a few Plesk basics. The command for the bootstrapper 12.0.8 is:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

both variants have not helped.
in the log of Courier is no user name to see that Horde does not send These.

Sep 27 13:58:14 101 courier-imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Sep 27 13:58:14 101 courier-imapd: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], time=0

where is username, etc.?

You could switch the log-level for Horde to the debug - level to receive more informations:

/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/conf.php ( Edit the line: $conf['log']['priority'] = 'ERR'; to $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG'; )

Afterwards you might have another look at /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log to actually see, what might cause the issue.

DEBUG:

2014-09-27T20:36:09+02:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] SQL (0,0003s)
SELECT alarm_id, alarm_uid, alarm_start, alarm_end, alarm_methods,
alarm_params, alarm_title, alarm_text, alarm_snooze, alarm_internal
FROM horde_alarms WHERE alarm_dismissed = 0 AND ((alarm_snooze IS NULL
AND alarm_start <= '2014-09-27 18:36:09') OR alarm_snooze <=
'2014-09-27 18:36:09') AND (alarm_end IS NULL OR alarm_end >=
'2014-09-27 18:36:09') AND (alarm_uid IS NULL OR alarm_uid = '' OR
alarm_uid = '') ORDER BY alarm_start, alarm_end [pid 7820 on line 208 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php"]
2014-09-27T20:36:09+02:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Load config file (motd.php; app: horde) [pid 7820 on line 109 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry/Loadconfig.php"]
2014-09-27T20:36:09+02:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Max memory usage: 8650752 bytes [pid 7820 on line 618 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

right now since 20 hours, the reason why Login does not work anymore, nothing was found, I also reinstalled Horde does nothing.
can anyone give me a horde / config.php give so I can compare?

Sorry GjemajlK, but I am not really sure, if the problem still exists.... the DEBUG - mode for the horde.log is just for investigation reason and you should post entries, AFTER you recognize some failure, when using your webmail with horde. Please redo any changes when you don't need the debug mode anymore.
There are as well other logs which might help to investigate your problems/issues, so could you please visit Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux services logs and configuration files ( KB: 111283 ) and try to find some helpfull informations in the logs which you can share with us?

I am despair and annoyed customers always know what. for disaster.
Horde login will not work easily.

Message with Thunderbird:
Courier "couriertls: imapd.pem: error:0906D06CEM routines EM_read_bio:no start line"
but that is typical Courier and it works, only with Horde does not want.
have all the settings checked, if I knew what was changed from Plesk 11.5 to 12.

We are getting closer to your problem now, GjemajlK ... the problem seems to be your SSL certificate and not your other settings. You could have mentioned that, when describing your environment.

Have you got own certificates implemented, before your migration? Or did you use the Plesk self-signed versions?

.... not migration... upgrade... ^^ ( sorry... edits are still not possible with the new forum )

the certifcate is RapidSSL, the same I use on another server, Dovecot / Postfix, etc. (Confixx), this message is only Courier.

101.xydomain.tld.pem:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Key...
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
Certificate...
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
CA ....
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

the certificate is for "*.xydomain.tld" (wildcard)

why only Courier Displays this message I can not understand.

Horde can I force them used port 143, not 993 (ie no SSL)?

PS: conversion to Dovecot unfortunately was not possible, I work with Dovecot since at least 5-6 years (ie Confixx), Courier had to use only for Plesk.

Please have a look at this KB article : How can I change the default certificates for SMTP, IMAP, and POP3 over SSL? ( KB: 1062 ) and follow the suggestions.

As you can see in the documentation, you sure may use Port 993 for Horde as well ( http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...plesk-linux-advanced-administration-guide.pdf ), but I would suggest to solve one thing after the other and wouldn't mix it up with this thread, that's why I stick to suggestions regarding your certificate problem right now.

what has horde to do with SSL? if somehow, how can I disable it?

Courier in this message is always there no matter what for a certificate, you can see millions of posts in google,
and yes with certificate everything is okay.

Hello,
for several days, at least two of my servers in 12 PLESK with the latest updates made, I have exactly the same problem. All emails boxes work, except when trying to connect with horde. exactly the same problem GjemajlK.

By themselves against new installations of Plesk 12 and then I transferred my domains from the old servers.
I feel that ca not operated since the patch for POODLE.
I do not have a certificate other than the default.

It's not an IPv6 problem i try it.
I try to connect in IMAP with Outlook it's ok.
the problem is only with the webmail !

Please help me o_O

my DEBUG :
2014-12-11T08:52:05+00:00 ERR: HORDE [horde] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] ([email protected]) [88.189.136.8] to horde [pid 21621 on line 216 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/login.php"]
2014-12-11T08:52:05+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Load config file (nls.php; app: horde) [pid 21621 on line 109 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry/Loadconfig.php"]
2014-12-11T08:52:05+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] SQL (0,0005s)
SELECT alarm_id, alarm_uid, alarm_start, alarm_end, alarm_methods,
alarm_params, alarm_title, alarm_text, alarm_snooze, alarm_internal
FROM horde_alarms WHERE alarm_dismissed = 0 AND ((alarm_snooze IS NULL
AND alarm_start <= '2014-12-11 08:52:05') OR alarm_snooze <=
'2014-12-11 08:52:05') AND (alarm_end IS NULL OR alarm_end >=
'2014-12-11 08:52:05') AND (alarm_uid IS NULL OR alarm_uid = '' OR
alarm_uid = '') ORDER BY alarm_start, alarm_end [pid 21621 on line 208 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php"]
2014-12-11T08:52:05+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Load config file (motd.php; app: horde) [pid 21621 on line 109 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry/Loadconfig.php"]
2014-12-11T08:52:05+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Max memory usage: 8650752 bytes [pid 21621 on line 618 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

Merci !

Hi olivl3i,

you could try to set the debug modus, to get a more detailed log, for further investigations:

/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/conf.php

change INFO to DEBUG: "$conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';"

In some cases you might experience issues with incompatibilities for some browser and/or eMail - clients ( yes, HORDE is a eMail - client as well ^^ ), after you followed the KB - article 123 160. It might help to read:

... to solve such issues, because there are several additional solutions provided in this thread.

For the sake of anyone happening across this thread with the same issue of the local imap server accepting and closing connections to localhost, thus breaking webmail, Plesk 12 with SElinux enabled is not compatible with Courier IMAP for insecure local connections. Swapping courier out for dovecot will fix the issue and let you keep selinux in enforcing mode.

Back