• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde no Send Attach Emails

D

dpadron2

Hello,

Upgrade to Plesk 9.5.2, but 3.3.6-cos5.build95100504.10 Horde Webmail, do not send attachments.

The email is sent but the attachment NO.

What is the problem.

Thanks for the help

Can you send attachments without horde? Is there any errors in Plesk maillog and in horde log files?

I'm having the same issue here.
When composing a new message I attach a file, upload goes fine and uploaded file is shown without any errors. But when I click the uploaded file, en image for example, a new empty browser window opens.
Some details:
1. Humpback Whale.jpg (image/pjpeg) Size: 256,22 KB

Clicking on it brings me to: http://webmail.mydomain.com/imp/vie...view&id=1&messageCache=136a104159c52f42ecfd84
But the page is empty.

The file is uploaded, I'm sure about that, because it shows up in /tmp as impattxjUNnY (always starting with impattx).
Horde can't match my session with the uploaded file. When I upload another file in the same 'new message' window it 'overwrites' the earlier uploaded one, so only the latest is shown.

Sending the e-mail results in an e-mail without any attachment, also in sent-items.

What I tried to solve this issue:
- Updating Plesk to newest packages
- Searching the internet for someone with the same issue, no one found till now, no solution thus far
- Restarted services (httpd, courier-imap, mysql) and finally a full server reboot, not a nice solution, if it worked, but I was trying to solve for hours and needed to try
- Forced reinstall horde and imp from /root/psa/PSA_9.5.2/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/opt/horde
rpm -Uvh psa-horde-3.3.6-cos5.build95100504.12.noarch.rpm --force
rpm -Uvh psa-imp-4.3.6-cos5.build95100504.12.noarch.rpm --force
- Tried changing upload location for Horde only to /usr/share/psa-horde/tmp (created the dir with 777), but I think it's only possible to change the upload path within php.ini, I didn't try because I don't really think that's the solution, file can be saved within /tmp
- Checked the /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log file for errors, but nothing related to this

I hope someone can think of a possible cause for this and maybe also a solution. Thanks in advance.

@Igor
Yes, I can send attachments without Horde.

Because there seems to be no solution I installed AtMail for customers who really need webmail to send attachments. After switching to AtMail for certain users a new problem came up, this needed to be fixed with: http://kb.odin.com/en/8608

Isn't Parallels able to release updates without creating problems that didn't exist?? I think there is enough experience with failed updates.

It would be nice if someone (Igor?? you are from the Parallels team!) can bring up some ideas.

Usually all works fine after upgrade for our customers. Look at this, for example - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=418813
If you have any post-upgrade problem - you can contact our support team. Support guys will find a reason very fast.
I worked 6 years in the Parallels technical support, and from my experience I know that more often problems arise due to server misconfigurations, like changed permissions, upgraded components, lack of diskspace, etc. Certainly, there are also bugs and you will be refunded for ticket if it is real our fault.

Igor,

Nice answer...
I'm working with Linux/BSD for over 10 years now and I used alot of control panels. I never found one worse than yours. Well... many functions are nice, like the update mechanism and the migration manager, the look-and-feel is great, etc. But the problem is that we regularly experience problems. I think I can write a book about them.
With other control panels the problems are just very occasionally and the solutions are easier to find, or support is better. Now, I need to open a support ticket and pay you for an answer which you probably already know. After that I can try to get a refund.

I'm aware of the problems you mention, but do you really think I didn't compare some permissions and disk space? It's not our only Plesk server. Some customers like the use of it, but I don't like the management of it and I don't like the way support works! Normally I'm able to solve all kind of problems on any Linux/BSD server, with or without a control panel, but with Plesk it's the hardest job ever. You really need alot of experience with Plesk (and it's problems) to get to the answer.

Nice to read a topic of someone without problems with Plesk, but I don't think I need to post links to topics and internet articles of people with other experiences? They're not very hard to find, are they? I'm not the only one...

For everyone who gets to this topic and have the same problem, I finally found the solution.

I don't think this is the real solution and hope it will be solved in future updates, but this occurs because of open_basedir. I compared the settings to other servers and didn't find any difference in zzz_horde_vhost.conf or php.ini, I don't know why this server got into this problem.

- Go to: /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde
- Open SessionObjects.php in an editor
- Search for: require_once 'Horde/Serialize.php';
and change in:
require_once '/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Serialize.php';
- Save the file and Horde works with attachments again

Because of the hotfix from the KB article mentioned earlier (http://kb.odin.com/en/8608) I got some new problems. Sending mail with port 587 was impossible. I needed to (re)activate the submission port within Plesk, because of that the main.cf configuration of postfix was rewritten and that caused Postfix couldn't start anymore.
netstat -ln
showed port 25 and 587 to be open, but no mail was accepted. This needed to be solved with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v
After that all was working fine again.

I had the same problem.
Ospitos solution worked fine for me. But it does not work whan i forward an email with attachment.
Any solution for this ?

Tnx!

horde problem with forwarded messages

Hi,

after the upgrade, Horde do not send attachment. I implemented the solution of Ospito, and now the attachment of a new message are sent without problem.

The only issue is with the forward of a message with attachment. The email is sent without the attachments.

In the log there are no errors. Can you help me to find a solution?

Thanks
--
Lara

Webmail attchment issue

Hi,

I am using virtoozo container and here i am using ubuntu container. Now I would like to increase webmail attachment size. earlier I increased it from plesk control panel and it worked out but at present it is not working . Though I have increased it but from webmail it is showing 8mb size. So, can anybody help me what is exact reason.

Back