• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

horde php-5.3

Silver Pleskian
Is there anyway to upgrade horde to a current 3.3x release?

Its running on php-5.3.2 but on login the redirect does not work, you get blank page.

If you then simply put in the raw webmail URL it works, its just sticking on the redirect.php

IgorG,

Can you let developers know the update to 9.5.1 and the updated horde now works properly with php-5.3.x and the redirect page is not blank.

Ok, thanks! I have forwarded this information to developers.

Plesk 9.5.4 PHP 5.3 Horde

Hi Guys,

We have issues for webmail after upgrading our PHP version to 5.3. Below are the details of our server built.

Plesk 9.5.4
Debian Lenny
PHP 5.3 5.3.5-0.dotdeb.0
Horde 3.3.6-debian5.0.build95101209.08

Below are the message that we got when accessing webmail.<domain>

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/PEAR.php on line 563

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/PEAR.php on line 566

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/Log.php on line 147

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Notification.php on line 64

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Perms.php on line 455

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Perms.php on line 462

Can you please help us?

Thanks,

Hau

i think i got a good workaround from parallels support.

You can turn off Deprecated warnings by adding this line into /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_horde_vhost.conf:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_admin_flag error_reporting "E_ERROR & E_CORE_ERROR & E_USER_ERROR & E_COMPILE_ERROR"
</IfModule>

The modules are included twice in the config, for 80 and 443 ports accordingly. This prevents the warnings only for Horde website.

i hope this helps ....

Many thanks for this answer danliker.
Unfortunately Horde still to show a blank page on redirect.php also with php_admin_flag error_reporting "E_ERROR & E_CORE_ERROR & E_USER_ERROR & E_COMPILE_ERROR".
In Apache logs I found also this error :

"POST /imp/redirect.php HTTP/1.1" 500 26 "http://webmail.mydomin.it/imp/login.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0"

have you reloaded apache after doing the changes ?

is it plesk 9.5.4, you can find many entry about your problem, but with older versions ...

I suggest not to use PHP 5.3, at least not yet since not all packages that come with Plesk support it. Even if you fix this issue I am sure others will pop-up.

PHP 5.2.17 is quite stable and works properly with any Plesk versions.

Back