• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde portal and home buttons

R

rspurlock

Hi all,

I've had a customer approach me about the inability to get back to the "home" page of Horde, also known now as the portal (shows weather, search etc). It is indeed true. If I log in to webmail, the first page I get allows me a home button but only while I'm at the home. Once I leave home (go to calendar, inbox etc) the home button is gone. I can't get it back unless I use the browser's back button until I'm back "home".

I've done a little searching on Horde's site and it keeps referencing a horde.php file which appears not to exist on my server. Does anyone know how to manipulate the button options and how to create a "home" button that will stay glued to the top?

TIA

Rob

A workaround for this which I have used is to use the browser's refresh button. It takes the browser back to the home page. I haven't had time to find/modify the screen layout files.

Thanks jayesyeeoc,

That does work but hopefully someone else has figured out how to put this functionality back into horde.

Also, I don't see any way to add e-mail addresses to the address book. Any ideas about this?

Why do some of the common features of horde seem to be missing?

TIA,

Rob

Remember that Horde is just a framework. To that framework you add functionality and features (ie. modules such as IMP, Nag, Turba, etc).

With Plesk 7.5.3 this is a 2 step process. First it installs Horde and IMP, then you (the admin) would have to use the Updater and select the add-on package (forgot the exact name they use). This does not include ALL available addons for Horde/IMP, there are also others 'out there' which you could also manually find, download, and install (manually, not from the control panel).

This is the 'nature' of the beast. The framework is modular and is open source, and not all modules are developed by the same people, so distribution of 'complete' suites of modules is pretty much not done.

Back