• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HORDE (User Validation Failed)

E

eaymerich

Hello,

I've just migrated some domains from a server with Plesk 7.0.3 to another one with Plesk 7.5. The migration was done with the Migration Manager of the plesk at the new server.

The problem is that HORDE doesn't validate the users correctly. The Mail server works perfectly, but HORDE doesn't access to it.

After the migration, I modified the IP of all the domains to have the same that they had before the migration.

What can I do to resolve that problem?

Thanks,
Esteban

Hi there,

Does horde give you an error MSG saying that the username/password combinations are fault or does it just come back with the login screen? In the last case check the permissions on your sessions (php) folder or have a look if it exists.

I had a simular issue after i restored a backup from FreeBSD onto CentOS. Since there are a few :) differences in OS you have should think twice before restoring the way I did. But then again if you never try then you'll never know.

Let me know what the outcome is.

after introducing username and password, horde tries to validate, and it goes to the login form with a "invalid login" error mesage

someone said me that it could be an error on the mysql tables of horde, but i am not sure

thanks!
Esteban

Horde gets it's data from the PSA tables to validate. You said the mail server works perfectly.. Does this mean you receive e-mail through pop3/smtp? I discovered that once i restored the backup some passwords had to be reset.

POP3/SMTP Servers works perfectly. I have configured the email accounts at outlook and they works.

I have created a new email account, and Horde doesn't open it correctly, giving the same login connection error, so I think that reseting passwords I should not obtain anything

I agree, resetting passwords wouldn't help you much.
Did you already do a re-install of Horde / IMP? Checked the settings in the horde config files? PHP working correct?

I will have a look later on to see whether I can come up with something more.

Hi, I've got the same kind of error on plesk 7.5.4. POP and SMTP servers works fine but I can't log in Horde. I've not error message but I come back with the login screen. What should I exactly look in the permissions of the sessions (php) folder.
Thanks

Hi Igr_nico,

You should check whether you've the right permissions set on the sessions folder. (eg. /var/lib/php/session)

You could try chmodding this directory to 777 and make the root.wheel owner of the directory. It this works, set the permissions to something acceptable for your system.

Let us know the outcome.

Not sure I would play with permissions on /var/lib/php/session, but this is what they are supposed to be:

Access: (0700/drwx------) Uid: ( 48/ apache) Gid: ( 48/ apache)

You might want to look in /var/log/psa-horde.log and see if there is any failed login's. Horde is a bit messed up, if you put in the wrong password I have seen it just give you a blank screen. Make sure you are logging in using "[email protected]" -- that one always kicks my butt.

Thanks for your answer.
The permissions on /var/lib/php/session
are : drwxrwx--- root root.
Is it normal or should I replace "root" by "apache"?

Goodmorning,

The permissions are fine.

I would change the owners of this directory either to

- root.wheel
- apache.apache

chmod -R apache.apache /var/lib/php/session

If you note the current group, then you can always change it to it's original state.

I'm not sure whether you should restart apache, but perhaps it's best to do so.

I 've changed permission to "apache apache" and now it seems to work.
Thank you everybody.

Back