• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hostname change and/or Plesk Updater are destroying SSL connections

Benni

New Pleskian
Hi,

regularly you are able to access all domains that are pointing to your plesk server with https://. You'll get an NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error but you can still access this domain by ignoring it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If got problems to access my domains on my Plesk-Server over https://. Every time I tried it, I immediately received an ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED error and weren't able to access my sites. It makes no difference if there was a bought certificate installed for this domain or not. Also it makes no difference if the installed certificate was installed directly in the client or globally on the server.

If nginx reverse proxy is installed and running. The error logs, logged this error [error] 4327#0: *8 no "ssl_certificate" is defined in server listening on SSL port while SSL handshaking, client: 123.456.789.012, server: 12.345.678.901:443 if not or completely removed, the apache2 log shows nothing but the error still appears.

After several re-installations of my server. I found out that this error appears if you change the hostname of your server in plesk or if you use the plesk updater to install / remove the webmail clients. Installations of e.g. Fail2Ban doesn't trigger this problem. I didn't test more, because you can't undo your changes. If the error appears, the only chance to get rid of it, is to reinstall your server.

Port 8443 for Plesk seams not to be affected by this.

Can someone please Help me to fix this Problem?
I'm running Plesk Version 12.0.18 Update #62 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Benni

No, not realy. I ended up installing debian 8.1 on my server and installing plesk 12.5 manually on it

Back