• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Houston, we have a problem!

Pino

New Pleskian
I recently performed a full backup of the server in an outside ftp space because I changed the machine and now I have to restore everything. Up to 98GB is divided into 49 files. Making him perform the restore operation, nothing happens, I think as a matter of timeouts and copying the entire backup in /etc/lib/psa/dumps the compressed files are not recognized. Trying to expand them, only the first archive is expanded while others are not recognized as extensions that are not supported (tar1, tar2, tar3, etc.). I also tried to rename any individual files, but give error and are not extracted. I tried to copy files locally, on my Mac, and I was able to expand them (though only after much ingenuity and imagination as much). The problem is that if I have to upload to the server everything already expanded, with the connection of house we put about a month just to upload and can not afford it. What should I do to restore? What solution?

You could use pmm-ras utility to import your dump to server repository. During import it recrypts passwords with the key used by server, so you need to pass through env variable PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD password you entered on backup creation.
May be it would be better to upload dump volumes to your server manually, as you can fully control the process and use wherever tool for it.
Let say you have uploaded all the volumes to the /home directory. So the next step is to import the dump with the command like this:
Code:
PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD= /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification=/home/backup_1601211122.tar --dump-storage=/var/lib/psa/dumps/ --type=server --session-path=/var/log/plesk/PMM --force
You pass only the one volume, whithout tailing digits, and the utility should found all related parts and import them automatically

Dump volumes is a result of Unix "split" command. So if you want to extract it for any purposes you have to join them all using e.g. "cat" command, like this:
Code:
cat backup_* > backup_1601211122.tar

When the import completes you will be able to restore from the dump using UI or pleskrestore utility

I tried but it did not happen anything. All as if it had never been done nothing.
It was not set a password, change anything?

If you run pmm-ras with --debug --verbose options you will have verbose log at var/log/plesk/PMM or you can see log messages at the utility output. Check it for any errors

Following the advice and importing a backup manually by this method, the import executes, it unpacks the files and we can see all files in /var/lib/psa/dumps, but the GUI does not display this restore/server "backup". All files seem to be present, we can manually copy websites and databases from the backup files from the restore's server repository, but the restore does not show up in the GUI. Are additional steps required to add the backup set to the GUI backup set list?

Back