• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I access the root of the server using ftp software or file manager?

jlocana

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.58 Update #2, last updated on Jan 26, 2024 09:03 PM
Hello everyone:

I am new in Plesk and need to know how can i get access to the root server by File Manager or FTP. I need to install a software but my CLI command are no good and don't want to make a mistake. I was looking everywhere and looks that doesn't exist in Plesk "wow in 2024". Plesk is Beautiful and Excellent but need the file manager to be complete. Somebody can tell me how to do it? I have a good VPS in ionos.com

If no choice can someone tell me where i can take a 5 star professional Linux online course?

Sorry for my english i am using a transalor

Very Respectfully and Honestly ☺

Thanks

Jose

The server root cannot be accessed using File Manager. If you believe that it is a feature that makes Plesk better, please vote for an existing feature request here: Provide a File Manager for admin so that all files and directories of a server can be edited, including these outside subscriptions

In order to access your server by FTP, you can use a system user account with lush permissions or FTP into your server using the "root" account (discouraged). Normally this is not done for security reasons.

Instead, use a software like PuTTY to SSH into your server.

The server root cannot be accessed using File Manager. If you believe that it is a feature that makes Plesk better, please vote for an existing feature request here: Provide a File Manager for admin so that all files and directories of a server can be edited, including these outside subscriptions

In order to access your server by FTP, you can use a system user account with lush permissions or FTP into your server using the "root" account (discouraged). Normally this is not done for security reasons.

Instead, use a software like PuTTY to SSH into your server.
Thank you Peter. Now I will look how to configure the system user account with lush permissions in Plesk. ☺

Back