• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How can I activate PHP-FPM status page?

TuÄŸberkK

New Pleskian
Hello guys, some of my php-fpm proccesses are going crazy with cpu usage so I need the details of them. I figured to see that I need to reach the status page of PHP-FPM. But I couldn't manage that, I searched a lot.

PHP Settings --> Additional directives
Code:
pm.status_path=/status

Apache & nginx Settings --> Additional nginx directives
Code:
location ~ ^/status$ {
    allow 127.0.0.1;
    allow [yourip];
    deny all;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^((?U).+\\.php)(/?.+)$;
    fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
    fastcgi_pass "unix:///var/www/vhosts/system/[yourdomainname]/php-fpm.sock";
    # I write my domain name here: [yourdomainname]
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi.conf;
}

After applying these code and running /status on the web site I get "File not found." error.

Yes, that is the status page but when status page run with "status?full" parameter it shows in detail which scripts are being used.

For example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/WFw1l.png

I am trying to do this because some of my php-fpm proccess are consuming a lot of CPU, so I want to figure that out. If you know any other alternative ways to achieve this, I can do that too.

Thank you for your answer.

There used to be a support article in the Knowledge Base on the PHP FPM status page (how to use it in Plesk), but I cannot find it any longer. Maybe Plesk staff can?

I cannot find that article either, I think it is removed somehow. How can I ask this to Plesk staff?

I really need this solution or smt else, my server's cpu is at %100 constantly and I cant figure out why.

Question
How to enable pm.status_path and ping.path directives in order to monitor each instance of PHP-FPM by nginx (native, plesk-php56-fpm, plesk-php70-fpm and etc.)?

Answer
  1. Add required directives to [php-fpm-pool-settings] section in the /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/conf/php.ini file.

# cat /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/conf/php.ini
    [php-fpm-pool-settings]
    pm.status_path = /status
    ping.path = /ping

Note: if there is no such file, create a new one.

2. Apply the changes:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u

3. Go to Domains > example.com > PHP Settings and set PHP to FPM application served by nginx

4. Go to Domains > example.com > Apache & nginx Settings and add the following directives under Additional nginx directives section :

location ~ ^/(status|ping)$ {
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^((?U).+\\.php)(/?.+)$;
    fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
    fastcgi_pass "unix:///var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock";
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi.conf;
    }
Additional Information
Functionality to monitor PHP-FPM by apache is not implemented in Plesk at the moment.

How to change PHP-FPM pool settings for a domain in Plesk?

Back