• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How can I change the default "mail autodiscover" parameters?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
For the "mail autodiscover" in Plesk Obsidian, how can I change the values in this xml file generated automatically for every domain?
https://<domain>/mail/config-v1.1.xml?emailaddress=<email>

I need to change the wrong/default values for the ports 993-465-995 and authentication SSL....

XML:
<clientConfig version="1.1">
<emailProvider id="<domain>">
<domain><email></domain>
<displayName><email></displayName>
<displayShortName><email></displayShortName>
<incomingServer type="imap">
<hostname><domain></hostname>
<port>993</port>
<socketType>SSL</socketType>
<authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
<username><email></username>
</incomingServer>
<outgoingServer type="smtp">
<port>465</port>
</outgoingServer>
<incomingServer type="pop3">
<port>995</port>
</incomingServer>
</emailProvider>
</clientConfig>

... with the ports 143-587-110 and authentication STARTTLS:

XML:
<clientConfig version="1.1">
<emailProvider id="<domain>">
<domain><email></domain>
<displayName><email></displayName>
<displayShortName><email></displayShortName>
<incomingServer type="imap">
<port>143</port>
<socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
</incomingServer>
<outgoingServer type="smtp">
<port>587</port>
<socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
</outgoingServer>
<incomingServer type="pop3">
<port>110</port>
<socketType> STARTTLS </socketType>
</incomingServer>
</emailProvider>
</clientConfig>

How can I do it?
Now every time a user try to activate an email on the desktop/mobile client, it show from the autodiscover the above wrong/default values (993-465-995 and authentication SSL).

I had to create a script that replaces the default XML files with ones of my own every time they are changed by updates. It runs every morning. Other than that you can help by voting for this feature here:

Last edited:
... are these the xml files to edit?
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/mailconfig/autoconfig.xml
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/mailconfig/autodiscover.xml

I've voted the feature but everything that happens on "plesk.uservoice.com" it usually takes at least 6 months (or even years) before Plesk Team decide to develop them and I need now to fix the bug with autodiscover function, so... is your script on sale?

A question... if I use this payment extension, the autodiscover works good (I mean with the right ports 143/587/110 and autenthication STARTTLS)?

Last edited:
... are these the xml files to edit?
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/mailconfig/autoconfig.xml
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/mailconfig/autodiscover.xml
Yes.
I've voted the feature but everything that happens on "plesk.uservoice.com" it usually takes at least 6 months (or even years) before Plesk Team decide to develop them and I need now to fix the bug with autodiscover function, so... is your script on sale?
I created it for my server, and it would take some modification by you to get it working on your server. (paths, etc) If you have a good understanding of bash scripting you can modify it to suit your needs. However, it is strictly a use-at-your-own-risk situation. My script specifically looks for the strings that say "IMAP" in these files and overwrites them with my files if they do, once per morning, changing them to POP configs.
This script is strictly to check these files, and swap in your own custom ones. How well the results work are completely dependent on how you've modified your own source files.

Sorry, I do not know how well the autodiscover works in the Premium Extension.

Attachments

• pcs_cron_autoconfig_settings_adjuster.sh.zip
    2 KB · Views: 50
Yes.

I created it for my server, and it would take some modification by you to get it working on your server. (paths, etc) If you have a good understanding of bash scripting you can modify it to suit your needs. However, it is strictly a use-at-your-own-risk situation. My script specifically looks for the strings that say "IMAP" in these files and overwrites them with my files if they do, once per morning, changing them to POP configs.
This script is strictly to check these files, and swap in your own custom ones. How well the results work are completely dependent on how you've modified your own source files.

Sorry, I do not know how well the autodiscover works in the Premium Extension.

Thanks!!!
However, I'm very puzzled that Plesk Team has released an important functionality as "mail autodiscover" with these limitations/bugs and we need to ask to fix them as "Feature Suggestions"

Back