• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How can i get email piping working with Plesk?

raykai

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

im setting up a support tickets site and i need a way to get email piping to it.

This is what i have as instructions from the support ticket software: Setting up email piping

i know in CPanel it is simple... so im guessing there is a way to do it in Plesk too?

here is how you would do it in CPanel:
  1. Login to your CPanel account.

2. In the Mail menu click Forwarders.

mail_menu.jpg

3. Click the Add Forwarder button.

4. In the Address field enter email address you wish to pipe to, for example support@site.com.

5. Click Advanced Options ».

6. Select Pipe to a Program:

7. Enter path to hesk_pipe.php file, for example:
    public_html/hesk/inc/mail/hesk_pipe.php

8. Click Add Forwarder button.

add_forwarder.jpg

any help for getting my email piping in Plesk to work would be appreciated!

Bump i really need to run this script through email piping. any help would be appreciated.

ya, I did vote there.

i did find this but its for Plesk 9 but as it says [it doesn’t seem to work yet.]... osTicket – Plesk 9 – Postfix – Pipe mail to a program or script | Parsed Indescretions im scared to try it as i don't want to crash my Plesk knowing this step by step is outdated.

I need a step by step on how to get email piping working in Plesk. The help would be appreciated.

This isn't quite what you're looking for but just to get the party started while you look into your piping question, you could set it up without piping for now (POP3/IMAP Setting Guide - osTicket) and use a "Scheduled Task" within Plesk to hit the cron script for accuracy and control.

NEED THIS FEATURE TOO! I cannot believe that PLESK has yet to support this... it can't be that hard to allow forwarding to script?

@raykai

Did you try the alternative solution, as presented by Hesk on their KB pages: Setup IMAP fetching (email to ticket)

I am pretty sure that this would solve your problem.

In general, it is not a good idea to pipe mail to a script (for security reasons), but certainly not when working with support tickets that can and often will contain sensitive data.

The IMAP based alternative is somewhat more secure, at least it can be made more secure.

However, I am pretty sure that you are better off with an alternative for Hesk, since that is rather old skool: lot's of mail parsers and/or ticket systems do exist (even Plesk had or has one, that does the job).

Hope the above helps a tiny bit,

Regards.....

Back