• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How can I list FTP users on the machine and change a password?

akira9000

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I need to get back into an FTP account that customer has no record of. Plesk is down so has to be SSH. How can I do this? I'm guessing the process is something obvious like 1.list users 2. change password for specific user?

I'm on CentOS 7.4

Last edited:
Passwords are crypted in Plesk database. But you can get list of ftp users and crypted passwords with something like:

Code:
# plesk db
MariaDB [psa]> SELECT REPLACE(sys_users.home,'/var/www/vhosts//','') AS domain, sys_users.login,accounts.password FROM sys_users LEFT JOIN accounts on sys_users.account_id=accounts.id ORDER BY sys_users.home ASC;
+------------------------------+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| domain                       | login | password                                                       |
+------------------------------+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| /var/www/vhosts/forbidden.sd | ib    | $AES-128-CBC$bNb1T0bBybgFhAkld4thEw==$3gcmtSVPmINbDt2V3xTZKw== |
| /var/www/vhosts/test.tld     | uzza  | $AES-128-CBC$00+89ujGj4+azMpP97O+cg==$vGSO1CwBauYRyybGkCLNdw== |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Password you can change with subscription utility - subscription: Subscriptions

Back