• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I stop my Plesk spamming me?

Sergio Manzi

Regular Pleskian
Today I got this email... from my Plesk server.

Hello Sergio Manzi,

You have chosen not to share your opinion about Plesk a while ago. We understand! Everyone is very busy these days. If you ever get a minute, though, we would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Just click the "Share an Opinion" link in the footer or follow this link: https://myplesk.example.com:8443/admin/rating to leave us feedback.

Exactly, I had my reasons for not taking the survey. Now, how often I'm supposed to receive this spam? Can I stop it somehow?

Thank-you @IgorG

That has been added to my anti-spam/privacy-concerned list of panel.ini options:
Code:
[aps]
serverAppsPromoEnabled = off

[facebook]
showLikeLink = false

[promos]
enabled = off

[rating]
enabled=false

[twitter]
showFollowLink = false

[userActivityTracking]
enabled=false

BTW, are off and false globally equivalent, or are they specific to any particular option?

This can be easily found using the "panel.ini Editor" extension :)
I admit you got me in a lazy moment, where asking was easier than searching and/or testing...

I don't see any specific information about that in the "Panel.ini Editor" extension. If what you meant is that using the editor I can try and make changes and see what happens, I agree, but TBH I'd rather use vim for that: I find it even easier!

But then, from a conceptual point of view one should test any and all option to have a definitive answer: not having access to the source of the code parsing those options one can't affirm with certainty that the "treatment" reserved to the true/false and on/off values is the same for every option, but at max that there is an high probability that that's the case.

That's why I think asking to those in the know has some sense (laziness apart...).

Back