• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How can I upgrade to GD2 on 7.5.4?

A

acidbox

Guest
I'm running RHEL3 and I'm trying to upgrade my GD Library to gd2 for a non-PHP related project.

rpm -q gd
gd-1.8.4-12.3.1

I downloaded some newer GD library packages here and tried to install them:

rpm -Uvh *.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libgd.so.1.8 is needed by (installed) webalizer-2.01_10-15.ent
libgd.so.1.8 is needed by (installed) glibc-utils-2.3.2-95.37

So here I am, trying to figure out the best way to resolve these deps. I looked high and low for an RPM upgrade to glibc, but there is nothing for EL3. I saw some posts talking about updating to gd2 by upgrading the php-gd package. I checked my current php installation:

rpm -qa | grep php-
php-imap-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-xmlrpc-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-pear-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-mcrypt-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-devel-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-mbstring-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-ldap-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-domxml-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-mhash-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-pgsql-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-odbc-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-mysql-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art
php-snmp-4.4.1-1.rhel3.art

I tried to install php-gd from yum:
yum install php-gd
Nothing to do

So apparantly the ART packages don't contain a php-gd package, so I wrote that off, or at least with my version.

So my question is how can I upgrade to GD2 for a non-php related project without breaking webalizer and more importantly, glibc?

Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top