• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can install each (Tomcat, JDK)

LeonidasS

New Pleskian
virtual dedicated server Linux - How can install each (Tomcat, JDK)

I will buy a Linux virtual dedicated server-Cent OS 5 Plesk well,

I plan buy a virtual dedicated server Linux, I want to install Tomcat, as well as for web Apps but, for running a java server chat app, what have to install: JDK for Server(Linux server)?

How can install each (Tomcat, JDK)?

you mean JDK for Server(Linux server) for running desktop Apps for server

you mean including JDK for Server(Linux server) for running desktop Apps for server [not web server meant]?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but selecting Tomcat support in the Plesk installer should give you everything you need to run Java web applications on Tomcat.

like a Server java bit torrent app, or java server chat app

what about running a non web app, like a Server java bit torrent app, or java server chat app, with corresponding client desktop app, bit torrent or chat, in client-server model? what to do to run such on the virtual dedicated server Linux?

I don't think you'll need to do anything special. Just make sure your server has a Java runtime installed and you should be able to run the application. Plesk doesn't have anything to do with that really.

Back