• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How change DNS record WEBMAIL to a CNAME poiting to Google APP

m0rpheu5

Regular Pleskian
Hello guys, i´m needing to change some domains DNS, i need to change the Webmail from poiting to horde (local server) to the ghs.google.com.br (google app) i already try many things but nothing works, if i change the mail to a cname poiting to the ghs.google.com works, but webmail no, why? could anybody help me?

Thanks

Plesk can work only with Horde and Atmail webmail applications.

it´s a pitty, because in other Control Panel i can change the Webmail DNS, only in plesk i can´t.

But thanks for you answer.

I do this as a matter of course, why use your mail server space and bandwidth?

This thread is 2 months old if still looking for solution get back to me, but there is a good plesk guide on the google apps website.

Rgds

Pete

I do this as a matter of course, why use your mail server space and bandwidth?

This thread is 2 months old if still looking for solution get back to me, but there is a good plesk guide on the google apps website.

Rgds

Pete

Please, send me the guide to see, now i create an EMAIL cname to point to google app.

Thanks

Hi,

The DNS template below works with Google Mail, Calendar and Docs.

calendar.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
docs.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
webmail.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
williamson.nu. A 123.123.123.123
williamson.nu. MX (0) ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (5) ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (10) ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (15) ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

Setup as above and switch the local mail service for the domain off in Plesk.

Setup google apps reflecting the URLs in the cname records to access each component.

Now you have the web site functionality provided by plesk and the mail/calendar functionality provided by gmail ready to connect with iPhones and ipads all over the globe.

Good luck

Pete

Hi,

The DNS template below works with Google Mail, Calendar and Docs.

calendar.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
docs.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
webmail.williamson.nu. CNAME ghs.google.com.
williamson.nu. A 123.123.123.123
williamson.nu. MX (0) ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (5) ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (10) ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
williamson.nu. MX (15) ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

Setup as above and switch the local mail service for the domain off in Plesk.

Setup google apps reflecting the URLs in the cname records to access each component.

Now you have the web site functionality provided by plesk and the mail/calendar functionality provided by gmail ready to connect with iPhones and ipads all over the globe.

Good luck

Pete

Is the same that i try here, but if i try to use webmail.mydomain go to a plesk page, because the webmail is off, and the cname is right.

The only way this can happen is if you have defined - webmail.somedomain.com A youripaddress

Make sure there is no A record on internal or external DNS pointing the webmail subdomain back to the server.

It works, try the URLs.

Back