1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I change the CP certificate?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by cleo313, Dec 5, 2007.

1. cleo313

cleo313 Guest

Hi,

is it possible to change the ControlPanel Certificate thats secures https://domain.tld:8443 into a self-signed certificate? My Plesk is running on a VServer.

I was told to try to select the new one under SERVER >> CERTIFICATES and use the Setup Button but it won´t work (on VServers?) - even after restarting apache and psa and clearing the cache.

The next step I tried to do was to replace all .key, .crt and .pem files by the self-signed certificate followed by a reboot - it won´t work as well.

Does the VServer prevent to change these settings manually?

I don´t want the customer to get a "bad certificate (domain != CA)" message each time he wants to configure his account by CP.

Thanks in advance,
    Sebastian

2. ziba@

ziba@ Guest