• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How do I update th sefault self-signed certificate produced by Plesk?

Alex King

New Pleskian
The default, self-signed certificate which was installed on plesk install has now expired.

Now roundcube webmail is not working. When sending a message the following error appears in the UI:

An error occured.
SMTP Error (-1): Connection to server failed.

The following appears in /var/log/mail.info:
postfix/smtpd[29398]: warning: TLS library problem: error:14094415:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate expired:s3_pkt.c:1300:SSL alert number 45:

I would like to renew or replace the self-signed certificate with another self-signed certificate. I do not want to use letsencrypt or a commercial certificate. How do I renew the self-signed cert?

Attachments

• Default certificate.png
    Default certificate.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello Alex King,

To create a new self-signed certificate:
- Tools & Settings -> SSL/TLS Certificates -> "List of certificates in server pool" -> "+ Add" -> Complete required fields, tick "Self-Signed".

To select the new created self-signed certificate:
- Tools & Settings -> SSL/TLS Certificates -> "Certificates currently in use for securing Plesk server" -> "Certificate for securing mail" -> [Change]

Could you please say why do you want to continue using a self-signed certificate and why you don't want to use Let's Encrypt?

Back