• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How do I clone an imported WordPress site for staging?

David Borrink

Basic Pleskian
I moved my WordPress sites to my own hosting with Plesk and want to create a staging site for one of them. I've read that you can clone a WordPress site in the WordPress Toolkit.

I have created sites in Plesk since the move, and I see the cloning option on those. On the selected existing site I want to clone I used the Connect (Beta) tool to import that site into the WordPress Toolkit, but when I go in the Dashboard panel, there is no set of links including the "clone" button like there is on sites I've installed in Plesk through the WordPress Toolkit.

Is this a limitation of the beta of the Connect feature, or am I missing something? Do I need to do a more manual form of staging site in Plesk as a result?

Just figured it out. I had not considered the "Scan" option in the WordPress Toolkit. I did that and all my sites have been added. The new instance imported has the "clone" button.

Back