• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I create cgi error logs with Plesk 7.5 on Windows 2003 Server Standard?

J

jasonrfox

I recently set up a dedicated server. It is running Plesk 7.5 and Windows 2003 Server Standard. I uploaded our working web site from a local development system onto the new server. Naturally since the server configuration may differ slightly in permissions, file structure, script modules, and software configuration (OS, web server, script engine versions) the web site did not work out of the box. So the first thing I did was look for the cgi error log - to my surprise there isn't one. I've gone back and forth with my ISP but they don't know what to do (or apparently even if there should be one!) I've been through the Plesk control panels and the Windows IIS control panels, looked for config files on the server, done extensive searches for recently modified files and files with log or txt in the name. My development set up gives decent error logs; surely it's possible to get a cgi error log file out of this new configuration. It should be simple. I do get access logs - but that doesn't help troubleshoot set up problems.

How do I create a cgi error log file using Plesk 7.5 on Windows 2003 Server standard edition?

Thanks to all who reply!

Back