1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Create Email Under Subdomain?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by alexisb, Apr 20, 2005.

1. alexisb

alexisb Guest

Hello, I run RHEL 3 with Plesk 7.5.2 and I have a customer who needs to create this kind of email accounts:

name@subdomain.domain.com

I tried creating subdomain.domain.com as a new domain, as suggested in another thread, but Plesk doesn't allow it.

Is there any way of doing this or should I just SSH to my box and do it manually?

And if doing manually how would I proceed? I don't want to create something that will be later modified by Plesk.

Thanks!

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

You can create an email on subdomain only if you create the subdomain as a normal domain in Plesk.

3. alexisb

alexisb Guest

Hi, thank you for your reply. I tried to do that, or maybe I haven't really understand what it means to "create a subdomain as a normal domain", I did this:

1. Logged in to Plesk as admin (I also tried logging in as the client).

2. Clicked on "add new domain" under the client.

3. Entered as domain name the following: subdomain.domain.com

And got a message from Plesk telling me it couldn't create the domain.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks!