1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I disable File Manager and FTP?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Andrew Penry, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Andrew Penry

Andrew Penry Guest

We are trying to use Plesk panel and Plesk billing as a way to provision SAAS. Because we are installing everything for the customer, we'd like to be able to disable File Manager. We can easily shut down FTP access by simply not sending the password in the welcome email, but the File Manager is still available.

Ideally, we'd like it so after the customer purchases hosting, all they can do through plesk is manage emails and see stats. However, the "Owner" user type can't be edited, and the Client can't be demoted to another type.

2. EnriqueR

EnriqueR Regular Pleskian

23%
    I think off the File Manager with FTP control should be an essential option. Some customers should not access the web content for security or by hiding the code.