• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I disable logging for a specific domain

P

pran

I want to disable logging for a specific domain because it's generating too much logs. Can someone help me please? Thanks!

You can set logrotate to rotate the log based on size instead of date. Just go to the domain's log management page, then select the log rotation button. Switch the log rotation condition to size, and enter say 10240 for 10MB.

I have a very busy website and my daily logs are 15+ Gigs for this domain. I have rotation set to daily and to keep only 1 log file on the server. However, for some reason this doesn't work 100% and one and sometimes two days of proccessed log files will accumulate. At 15+ gigs a day it doesn't take too long to fill up my hard disk.

So, every month or so I have to remember to go into Plesk and manually delete any files hanging on and not deleting. Last month I had forgotten to check this for about 2 months and my HD filled up and the website crashed.

I just checked my server today, before writing this post and I found 35 gigs of old left over logs from March 1st on my server that I manually removed.

I'd like to turn logging off. I don't ever use those files. OR I'd rather that they were 100% reliably deleted every day. What can I do to make this happen?

Back