• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I disable plesk?

iamchairs

New Pleskian
This may seem like a weird question but I actually don't want to use plesk.

I have a VPS with Host Gator and was trying to setup a mysql database. I didn't want to do that through ssh and thought it would be easier to do it through plesk then going through the process of installing phpMyAdmin. So I went to the Plesk admin and saw that I needed to install the control panel- so I did. Turns out I'm supposed to have a license from plesk to use it and renew that license every 30 days. Honestly I just don't need this whole system just for my one simple site- I just wanted to get phpMyAdmin.

So I decided to just download phpMyAdmin and do it myself but now when I go to my site the default Plesk page shows up. I guess I'm supposed to create domains through plesk before I can start using it?

I can try to uninstall it but it was already installed on my vps (not the control panel though obviously) and I don't want to mess anything up. I don't know all of what plesk has it's hands in so I'm worried I'll break a number of things by doing this.

How can I undo all this so I can go back to running this all manually?

Probably not the kind of post you want to hear but it would be appreciated.

Back