1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I disable...

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by netaffairs1, Dec 16, 2008.

1. netaffairs1

netaffairs1 Guest

How do I disable practicly everything for end users.

I'm trying to make it so they can only get to the phpmyadmin part.
    the only problem I keep having is that I am somehow unable to take away their rights to edit the desktop part in their account aswell as their abillity to access the other parts.

on their desktop I placed the link to the "webadmin for database" which is all they actually need.

can someone give me advice on how to disable everything else?

Regards,
    ~Netaffairs

2. Satoriya

Satoriya Guest

Hello netaffairs1,

There are several ways to restrics users from accessing a set of items in Plesk Contro Panel:
    * One is to use 'Permission' option for Client/Domain admistrators that helps to define the needed level of access.
    It can be found here:
    Plesk CP > Client > select exact Client > Permissions
    Plesk CP > Domains > select exact Domain > Domain Administrator Access

* You can also use interface templates to hide buttons; please, read documentation page explaining how to use it:
    http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.6-unix-administrators-guide/28735.htm

3. netaffairs1

netaffairs1 Guest

Thank you Satoriya.

I'll try those options.