• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I downgrade from 8.0.1 to 7.5.4

D

DRobertshaw

Hi,

I have a VPS that was running 7.5.4 and I used the Plesk Updater option in the Control Panel to update to 8.0.1

Apparently, according to my hosting provider, whilst I MUST use the Control Panel to make changes to the system, as I used the Control Panel for this upgrade but it affected the Control panel itself I am no longer supported. (!)

My current options are to leave it as-is but unsupported for Plesk related issues or to restore 7.5.4 but lose all my domains, subdomains, customers , databases and mail and reinstall them as there is no downgrade path - a quoted database incompatibility.

Is this true? Can anyone help with advice if I need to go down this route.

Hello,

Here are the steps I used to downgrade:

cd /var/lib/psa/dumps/

gunzip -d mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz

cat mysql.preupgrade.dump|mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Then get Plesk 7.5.4 and rpm --force them.

Make sure that mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz is the 7.5.4 psa database backup. Don't forget to do a backup of all server first, just in case.

Sorry, have been away.

As I have made changes (added domains etc) since the upgrade, wont this process lose them all?

Is there no way of downgrading and converting the current database from the 8.0.1 environment to work under the fresh 7.5.4 install?

Back