• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue No database servers

Stettin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 Update #2
I have a brand new Ubuntu 22.04 VPS with Plesk Web Host Edition. The install appeared to go smoothly, but the control panel web server never worked. I was able to do a repair and finally I could reach the control panel at x.x.x.x:8443. I was getting some errors about the admin user missing in the web portal that I was able to resolve by manually adding the values:

Issue - Db_Table_Exception Admin-User

After I resolved that, I decided to try and publish a simple Wordpress website. I created a customer and associated it with a plan. When I was adding a site with WP Toolkit I got this error:

Install WordPress​

Choose installation options

Your hosting plan does not allow you to create any more databases. This WordPress installation will use an existing database instead of creating a new one.

I thought that was odd because I picked an unlimited plan, and at most the limit would be 10 databases on the standard plan.

I did some more digging and saw that there are no database servers listed in Plex. I'm a bit confused how that is possible since Plesk runs off of a database. That leads me to my main question.

Do I create a new database server on a different port, or do I use the existing localhost database server mariadbd 3306 that is already running?
mariadbd 723 mysql 20u IPv4 29875 0t0 TCP 127.0.0.1:3306 (LISTEN)

Database Servers​

default.png

Looks like there's nothing here​

My end goal is to transfer over hosting of 3 domains I currently host on Dreamhost to this VPS running Plesk. I'm not really interested in creating a webhost business, but it seemed like this VPS with Plesk Webhost edition was the most economical.

What is the best practice for database servers in Plesk?

You do not need to create a new database server on the operating system, but after a Plesk default installation, the existing database server should already be registered in Plesk. Regarding the other issues you had so far I assume that the basic Plesk installation was corrupt. Do you think it could be an option to restart with a fresh install?

Apparently this is not the first time this has happened as I found another post with the exact same problem. The repair appeared to resolve everything except the odd user list missing and this database server missing.

Resolved - Unable to delete database server

I think at this point the system is pretty much stable. I got email working, but DKIM is still not keeping messages from being rejected by Google/Gmail.

By starting fresh, do you mean a reinstall of Pesk, or to wipe the VM and start completely over?

The "installation log" looks rather odd. Did you install Plesk using the authentic Plesk installer by Plesk? Or was it done using a script from your provider? Normally you'd run
# cd ~
# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
# chmod 775 plesk-installer
# ./plesk-installer
and go through the steps shown. When the installation starts, hundreds of dowloads and installations will be done.

The "installation log" looks rather odd. Did you install Plesk using the authentic Plesk installer by Plesk? Or was it done using a script from your provider? Normally you'd run
# cd ~
# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
# chmod 775 plesk-installer
# ./plesk-installer
and go through the steps shown. When the installation starts, hundreds of dowloads and installations will be done.

I think I did essentially what you describe with with different commands. I attempted to run this as a user with sudo, but couldn't get it to run correctly. I ended up logging in and executing it as root.

Code:
Installing Plesk
To install Plesk with the default configuration, follow these steps:

To install Plesk, enter the following command:

sh <(curl https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer || wget -O - https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer)

After entering the command, the latest stable Plesk version will be downloaded. This will be installed along with the standard components and features. In addition, all available patches and updates will be installed. The installation may take some time.

Primarily you need a valid SPF record for the hostname. It will then work with GMail even if you do not have DKIM.

OK, I was using duckdns.org as a hostname for the plesk server, but they don't support additional records. I will try SPF and DKIM records with one of the domains I own through a standard registrar. I'm using NameSilo right now and found a video on how to do that. If I still can't get that working I may consider a VM wipe and install with your method above.

OK, I was using duckdns.org as a hostname for the plesk server, but they don't support additional records. I will try SPF and DKIM records with one of the domains I own through a standard registrar. I'm using NameSilo right now and found a video on how to do that. If I still can't get that working I may consider a VM wipe and install with your method above.
I was able to get DKIM and SPF records on my regular registrar. The email made it through the google verification, so I think I'm going to stick with this install.

Back