1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I enable the SSH Terminal

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dave5b03, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dave5b03

dave5b03 Guest

The "Domains > domain name > SSH Terminal" button is disabled. How do I enable it?

2. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

You should allow "Shell access to server with FTP user's credentials" at hosting setup page.

3. dave5b03

dave5b03 Guest

How do I enable the the SSH Terminal

It is set to "/bin/bash." Does "SSH Terminal" require something else as well?

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

If that's enabled you should be able to login via any SSH client. The button corresponds to the SSH client embedded in Plesk, which is not necessary to login via SSH, but might be handy for clients that don't have an SSH client themselves (although downloading PuTTY is easy and non-Windows OSes usuaslly come with an SSH client). This is a Plesk component you can install through the autoinstaller or Plesk Updater.

5. dave5b03

dave5b03 Guest

Thanks, problem solved! I simply needed to install the Plesk component with the Updater.