• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do i get Gene6 to work with Plesk 7.5?

S

section9

Hello,

I recently installed Plesk 7.5 on my system. After a bit of tweaking and realizing how amazing the software was, I decided to purchase Gene6 FTP server separately as its "supposed" to be supported by Plesk.

So, I installed Gene6 and configured it fine and its all good. But, my Plesk still seems to only want to use the MS FTP that it forced me to install when I originally setup Plesk. Now, Plesk doesnt appear to even know that Gene6 is installed, and in my traffic reports in Plesk its reporting 0/0 for FTP (because noone is using MS FTP, they are all logging in via username/passwords in Gene6).

Ive searched high and low and noone seems to have any answers. The only thing I was able to find that seemed remotely close to a solution was the ServU FTP server instructions, which says to reinstall the software and make sure to choose "Install as Service" is selected as an option. I dont recall seeing this as an option in Gene6, but reinstalling is definitely worth a try (assuming I dont loose all of my accounts and configurations etc)

IF anyone can please help, it would be VERY appreciated! Thanks!!

Back