• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I get websrvmng to run in Plesk SSH terminal?

J

JohnBoat

I am following this MediaTemple KB article and stuck at the last step. When I try to run the websrvmng (using the ssh terminal in Plesk) using the code the KB references:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -v -a

I receive a 'File or Directory not found' error. I am a n00b when it comes to this stuff and would really appreciate any advice/suggestions for how to get websrvmng to run.

I have searched through tons of articles on it but found nothing more illuminating than the above code. I am sure I'm overlooking something simple (login as root to run? something I need to replace in the code like usr?).

It is a MediaTemple DV server running CentOS 5 and as I said using Plesk 8.6.0. I desperately need to get this to work and I am pulling my hair out, so as I said any help would be greatly appreciated.

Type:

locate websrvmng

at the command line to find out where it actually is on your system.

You'll probably find two entries, one in bin and on in sbin. It doesn't matter which you use.

Check for typos too. Use auto-complete to help you: Use can use the Tab key to make the system show what matches as you type. e.g. start typing /usr/local/ps[TAB KEY] and it should add the "a" because there are no other options, then continue typing /ad[TAB KEY] and it should add the "min" then continue typing /sbin/web[TAB KEY] and it should find the right thing and add it. When there are multiple matches it will tell you and show you)

p.s. type:

updatedb

at the command line to update the "locate" database if need be.

Faris.

Thank you very much for the reply Faris. I just figured out that I did need to run it as root which solved the problem. Thanks again for the info though.
John

Back