1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I host a domain in Plesk without email

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by TXRanger, Nov 19, 2008.

1. TXRanger

TXRanger Guest

If we want to host a domain in Plesk with web only and no email, how is it done? A typical scenario is that we have a customer that gets to a point where they want to host their own email on their own internal Exchange server, but they want us to continue to host their web. We make the proper DNS changes and for most of the world it works fine, but the problem we run into is that if one of the many existing domains on the server sends email to the externally hosted email, the Plesk server will instantly bounce the message saying the user doesn't exist, or if the old email account still exists, it puts the email in the obsolete email account on the Plesk so it never reaches the Exchange server.

So how can we get Plesk to ignore email for a domain that is on the server and pass it on to the real server that is the MX for that domain?

2. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    just disable the email function in plesk for that domain ...

3. TXRanger

TXRanger Guest

Wow. I never realized that setting. How amazingly simple. Thanks!!

4. mattl

mattl Guest

create account without email

Not trying to hijack this this thread...this is related.

Is it possible to create a domain without mail enabled. I do not see the option in the domain or client templates. Turning it off is simple enough but I would prefer it to start off disabled.

Thanks

5. jahsh420

jahsh420 Guest

I dont think there is a way to do this.