• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do i install only ?

W

whitebox

i have plesk 7.5.2 and i downloaded 7.5.3 i did try to use autoinstaller and update my plesk and update finished fine with no errors but after reboot DNS, POP3 and some other thing wouldn't start. Because i own dedicated server i had to pay them to rebuild my server with original software. oh yes that server is running red hat 9, now i did like those extra program that came with 7.5.3 version like phpmoney, webshopper, webcalendar etc so i'm wondering how to install only those extras ?
thanks

You can do this in command line using the RPM, or easier: login in Plesk -> Server -> Updater. Then check the components you want to update.

Did you do *just the base 7.5.3* first, then go back and do the optional stuff? Or did you tell it to do *all* on the first pass?

I have found that it is *much* better to do the base Plesk updates/upgrades first, then reboot server to make sure it all works, then go back and update/install the optional packages.

Originally posted by hardweb
You can do this in command line using the RPM, or easier: login in Plesk -> Server -> Updater. Then check the components you want to update.
i don't have that option "UPDATER" .
Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
Did you do *just the base 7.5.3* first, then go back and do the optional stuff? Or did you tell it to do *all* on the first pass?

I have found that it is *much* better to do the base Plesk updates/upgrades first, then reboot server to make sure it all works, then go back and update/install the optional packages.
i did pick "all" and after paying $50 for them to fix my server i don't think i wana update plesk at all anymore :( , i just want to install those extra modules.
i need someone to explain this to me like you would explain something to newbie. i worked little bit with red hat but i'm not that good with it.
thanks for help

Question 1: So is your server back running 7.5.2?

Question 2: Did you buy the Plesk license *with* Application Vault or not?

If you are licensed for the App Vault, then I would use that to install those extras (you mentioned phpmoney, webshopper, webcalendar etc)

If you do not have the App Vault license, then from a shell prompt, you would change directory to where those extra software rpm's are located (depends on your exact system).

You can locate them by doing the following command:

locate /opt/vault/

This should produce output similar to the following and will show you the proper path to the rpm files:

/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/pLog-0.3.2-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpAds-2.0-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpBB-2.0.11-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpBook-1.50-7502.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpBugTracker-1.19-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpDig-1.85-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpMoney-1.3-7505.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpMyFamily-1.4.0-7501.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpWiki-1.2-7508.noarch.rpm
/root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault/phpsurveyor-0.98-7506.noarch.rpm

This is a partial list from a RH 9 OS, Plesk 7.5.2 system.

So in this case, to get to where the files are:

cd /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/vault

To install one of these rpm's, you would use the command:

rpm -Uvh name_of_file.rpm

But before doing this, you really need to go to the software author's site (not Plesk) and read their install instructions since you would not be using the App Vault module.

Their instructions may require additional steps such as copying the file to the domain's document root ~/domain.com/httpdocs before doing the rpm command.

Note: I am not responsibe if any of the previous info damages your system in any way. These work on my servers, and the admin has experience. You apparently are of limited Plesk or Linux experience and these instructions should be used solely for informational guideline purposes only.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
Question 1: So is your server back running 7.5.2?

Question 2: Did you buy the Plesk license *with* Application Vault or not?[/I]
[/B]

Yes my server is back running 7.5.2, and i got deluxe pro plesk 7.5 reloaded with that server. which should have license for all that.
and thanks for your info

i don't know why but that command locate/opt/vault/ doesn't show anything.
when i first called that command it gave me error message that i need to run updatedb as root, which i did and after that i did run that locate command and still nothing

The locate commands I am giving you assume that the optional rpm files are actually somewhere on your server. Since you had it reimaged, if the DC/host did not leave them on there from the 7.5.2 install, then you will not find any results.

But, you can try:

locate /vault

locate phpMoney | grep 'rpm'

and see if it finds anything. If not, then you will have to download them and I don't remember the path right now for the wget location.

On RH systems the files are in .../opt/vault normally, actually, on all the RH9 systems which I have installed from scratch, they are in the paths which I posted.

But since your DC/host installed it all, who knows where they put the files...?

If you still cannot locate them, then you could always go to the author's site and download (or search google) for the software rpm package you want. You'll probably get the more recent release of the software that way.

Back