• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I load balance two servers?

S

scootabug

I was wanting to run two web servers, and load balance between them to create some redundancy.

Does anybody know if this is easily possible? Is anyone already doing this?

Do you think it's feasible to simply configure the data directories to a NAS device, and then load balance the appropriate ports using Windows Load Balancing?

Any comments would be hugely appreciated, good or bad. Many thanks.

hi guys,

for to do balancing please go to the microsoft.com then search event id 1010 and you can able to find something about that. yo can apply that. I solved my problem about balancing with that articles.

Thanks for the response.

I can handle the load balancing part without a problem. I'm more interested to know if you can have multiple plesk installs accessing the same directories and databases.

Do you think I'd have any luck if I changed the 'Virtual Hosts' and 'Mail Data' location to a shared network drive using the 'Plesk Reconfigurator'?

Plesk does not support Clusters.
As for changing Vhosts location to shared folder it will be unsuccessfully.

Do you mean Plesk in general or just Plesk for Windows? Because I've seen comments in this forum that suggest that Plesk for Linux will load balance?

Is that the only way to load balance the service, using Linux?

AtomicTurtle (Scott) has managed to cluster PSA for linux, but, hes one of the original devs, so he knows more about it than anyone. It's possible to absract the services and span them across multiple servers but the hardest part is getting Qmail and MySQL to cooperate. PEM is supposed to be able to do this to some degree.

As for Windows, I have not heard of anyone LB/clustering PSA. Its just not setup to handle it at this time. I was thinking if testing it using a ServerIron, but it would just be too costly.

Back