• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Data migration between two servers with different operating systems.

kriss642

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello.
Do you know any way to migrate a domain from Plesk under Windows to Plesk under Linux?
Depending on which ones may be related to DNS records, ftp accounts, email accounts along with messages.
It's possible that when transferring data between servers, Plesk for Windows may be a tool to use, but I don't know how it is possible for it to exist on two different systems.

For between Plesk for Windows and Plesk for Linux only the Site Import extension is available. Which allows your to migrate/copy site content and email accounts (one by one) manually for each domain.

If you need to migrate a lot of domains and need to migrate DNS records and FTP accounts as well, you might want to consider writing your own migration script based on the Plesk REST API or the Plesk CLI.

Thanks for the answer. To transfer mail using Site Import, I must enter the password for the mail account. Is there any way to do this without knowing the passwords for individual accounts?

Thanks for the answer. To transfer mail using Site Import, I must enter the password for the mail account. Is there any way to do this without knowing the passwords for individual accounts?
I am afraid not. But perhaps you can access the mailbox passwords on the mail server? If I am not mistaken SmartMail used to have an option to view mailbox passwords. I am not sure of other mail server vendors have similar options too.

Back