• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I migrate from one server to another

C

cerberuz

I've just ordered a new server so i need to change from our existing host to our new hosts, they both use plesk 9.5.3, I've read that i need to use the migration manager to move everything including mail accounts etc but i cannot find it in the plesk panel, any help will be appreciated :)

Check that you have installed Migration Manager with:
# rpm -q psa-migration-manager
psa-migration-manager-9.5.4-cos5.build95101209.05

If it is not installed - use /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller for installation.

Thanks for the reply, I've checked to see if MM is installed using the info in your post and migration manager isn't installed, so i run this
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
and got a message saying to back up data and only install on a clean server, Am i still ok to install it still??

Do not understand what do you mean.
After running autoinstaller and follow menu you will see something like:

1. [=] Base packages of Plesk
2. [=] Plesk Updater
3. [=] PostgreSQL server support
4. [=] Plesk migration manager
5. [=] Health monitor
6. [=] Payment gateway and registrar modules adapted to Business Manager
7. [=] SiteBuilder
8. [=] Customer & Business Manager (free, recommended for shared hosting)
9. [ ] MySQL v5.1 server
10. [=] Apache web server with SNI support
11. [.] <+> Plesk hosting features // 2 of 7 components selected

Select "Plesk migration manager" and continue installation.

Sorry igorG, Do i run the Migration Manager on the old server or the new server? Only i've checked the old server and that doesn't have MM installed on it, Am i ok to install MM on the old server or do i just need to run Migration Manager on the new server?

Ahh, Just what I needed, Cheers for the link, I searched google for a MM Guide and came up with nothing..

Cheers IgorG

Just got the new server online today, tried the migration manager but I get this error message
Error: Host mysite.com is not accessible

I run Migration Manager on the new server, enter the IP address of the old server, enter the username and password and then I'm greeted with the above error every time, any ideas whats wrong??

Back