1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I prevent users from accessing a folder?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jerry2, May 19, 2006.

1. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Hi there

I know it has to do with permissions but ...

I have a folder that has a database and I want only server to be able to access it, not users. If a user knows a file name it can download the mdb file by default. How to prevent the user to download the file?

I tried removing read access to the IUSER but it goes back to default :-( I guess it has to do something with children and parent propagating...

an anybody tell me how to do it? Should I disable propagating to the child permissions?

Jerry

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Plesk will configure this settings back and give IUSR read permission to that file.
    It is better to use Protected directory

3. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Aha, I thought of that... And I set user and password to it as jklfdjkldjkjksd :)

PS - But this is a Plesk "problem", isn't it? In Windows I can configure using permissions...