• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How do I redirect subdomain from host server to another server IP address

Durrant

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2012 R2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53
Good day. First timer here, how do I redirect subdomain from host server to another server IP address, e.g. I have my webserver (IP 10.10.10.10) setup in Florida with the website name fruitsy.com and I have a local server (IP 20.20.20.20) with me in Kingston that I have an information system on. How do I do a redirection with a subdomain name apples.fruitsy.com from my website server to my local server and will apples.fruitsy.com show in the address bar for when anyone goes to search for it?

You can add an A record to the existing DNS configuration of your nameserver entry and route that A record for the subdomain "apples" to 20.20.20.20 while all the other records remain unchanged.

You can add an A record to the existing DNS configuration of your nameserver entry and route that A record for the subdomain "apples" to 20.20.20.20 while all the other records remain unchanged.
Thanks, I'll give it a go and let you know the outcome.

Good day Mr. Debik, sorry for the delay in response. I tried it but I'm getting the Plesk Web Server Default Page. It do however ask to do some update. I saw this came up below.
The website's domain name does not resolve or resolves to a different IP address. To put your website online, update DNS settings on the side of your domain registrar or external DNS provider.
I'm going to ask the person who provide the service for us to see what he can do about it and something about glue records as well.

If you added it as as subdomain first, you likely have another A record in there for it pointing to the IP of the Plesk server. You can simply remove the subdomain. Since you're not hosting it on Plesk - you simply just need to add the A record only as Peter mentioned.

If you added it as as subdomain first, you likely have another A record in there for it pointing to the IP of the Plesk server. You can simply remove the subdomain. Since you're not hosting it on Plesk - you simply just need to add the A record only as Peter mentioned.
Thanks for the advice MarkM, I've been on the road lately, so when I get a chance to pop into the office I'll try again.

Hi All. It was finally sorted. We got someone to check our firewall and apparently there was a rule or something that was disabled on it. Thanks again for everything. Just one more thing, how do I mark this as solved?

Back