• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I reduce the memory usage

R

rasvps

I installed plesk panel 9 on my Xen VPS. Before the installation of Plesk Panel 9, the memory usage is 120MB. After installation, the memory usage is ~310MB. Plesk Panel used 190MB of memory? How do I reduce the memory usage?

Thanks

I installed plesk panel 9 on my Xen VPS. Before the installation of Plesk Panel 9, the memory usage is 120MB. After installation, the memory usage is ~310MB. Plesk Panel used 190MB of memory? How do I reduce the memory usage?

Thanks

Hello rasvps,

Thank you for the report.
What do you mean "Paralells Plesk Panel uses"? Could you list here runnung processes on your VPS and allocated memory by them?

I mean I am wondering how many memory does plesk panel used?
310MB-120MB=190MB, is the 190MB memory used by the processes of plesk panel? Or am I wrong?

please use remote desktop to connect win2.rashost.com the username is rashost.com and the password is plesk9

https://win2.rashost.com:8443/
the password of admin is plesk9

I mean I am wondering how many memory does plesk panel used?
310MB-120MB=190MB, is the 190MB memory used by the processes of plesk panel? Or am I wrong?

please use remote desktop to connect win2.rashost.com the username is rashost.com and the password is plesk9

https://win2.rashost.com:8443/
the password of admin is plesk9

You are right. Seems all services use doubled memory usage on this VPS. It is necessary to investigate the PVC environment. It is recommended to contact Parallels Plesk Panel Support.

You need to consider all of the components that are running... apache, mysql, mssql, mail server, AV, webservice, plesksrv, DNS, etc. etc...

My install on a dev box that does nothing consumes more than 190MB in memory....

Make sure all unneeded services are disabled.

@jamescrown,

i am running into a similar problem. Memory usage is growing and i can't pinpoint the cause.

I was wondering if disabling perl support, cgi support etc per domain could reduce the memory usage????

Kind regards,

ps: I am a newbie,

Back