• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I remove old SSL certifcate?

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
I've installed a replacement for the SSL certificate that we use for shared SSL and Plesk access.

How do I get rid of the old one and get Plesk to use the new one for shared SSL and Plesk access?

When I try to delete it I get the message "Error: Unable to remove certificates: one or several certificates are assigned to the IP addresses/domains."

I've found a lot of old suggestions about removing it from the IP, but they don't seem to apply to Plesk 11 for Windows.

When I go to Home -> Tools & Settings -> IP Addresses -> [IP Address] , it shows the domain being used but there's no way to remove it.

Last edited:
PS. I've already disabled Shared SSL via Home > Tools & Settings > Shared SSL

I've also deleted the certificate from Home > Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates

Yet it's still there when I go into the domain's Plesk panel.

Last edited:
Try to remove it manually from database. Look at IP_Addresses and certificates tables.

Thanks Igor

I'll try that next time. Today I just deleted the domain and recreated it, it was just a utility domain that I had created for shared ssl & plesk access so it didn't actually host a website or email.

If it were a customer's domain I wouldn't have been able to do that though, so I'll keep your suggestion in mind for next time.

This is interesting to know that removing old certificate causes this issue and you already deleted domains to resolve the issue but what if you can not delete the domain?

I will really appreciate if anyone share some useful solution of this problem in which when i am managing SSL for my popular ecommerce website.

Awaiting reply

Hello,

You can remove it using psa database. Some time plesk db entry can cause this issue. You can access psa db on 8306 port.

Back